Pillars of the Earth
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Home  Portal  Alliance Calendar  Wiki  Latest images  Register  Log in  

DoASC, Trenchway/Mesmer Spike, Thursday 6/14 9PM

Go down 
+9
Neal
Daniel-San
Rem Edy
Pluto
Ejoriah
GizmoHarris42
Sandy
Raven
Bad Soles
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Bad Soles
Guild Officer
Guild Officer
Bad Soles

Number of posts : 83
Primary GW Name : Sabina of bad soles
Registration date : 2010-07-14

DoASC, Trenchway/Mesmer Spike, Thursday 6/14 9PM Empty
PostSubject: DoASC, Trenchway/Mesmer Spike, Thursday 6/14 9PM   DoASC, Trenchway/Mesmer Spike, Thursday 6/14 9PM Icon_minitimeWed Mar 23, 2011 4:04 pm

Hi guys, some of you have mentioned interest in learning DoASC, which I do with some euro friends of mine(pLuS). Since double SS/LB weekend is coming up, I figure this is a good time to get people thinking about it. We're getting near the number of people needed to really learn it well, so this is a signup thread- we can work out details of when we do runs/when we practice later, after we figure out who's coming.

you can find the standard bars here

There are videos at the bottom on the wiki page, I highly suggest you watch the one related to your class

EDIT: please see my most recent post for signup for most recent dates signup sheet.

Last edited by Bad Soles on Tue Jun 14, 2011 4:32 pm; edited 15 times in total
Back to top Go down
Raven
Guild Leader
Guild Leader
Raven

Number of posts : 731
Primary GW Name : Saroya Ravenwind
Registration date : 2008-08-20

PostSubject: Re: DoASC, Trenchway/Mesmer Spike, Thursday 6/14 9PM   DoASC, Trenchway/Mesmer Spike, Thursday 6/14 9PM Icon_minitimeWed Mar 23, 2011 6:18 pm

I can come however given my mesmer is working on survivor, it won't be as a mesmer. Thus, my monk is the only eligible toon as I am not a sin tank. I have done DoAsc as a mesmer, so have some idea of how it works.

queen Raven
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/sravenwind
Sandy

Number of posts : 37
Primary GW Name : Sandy The Assassin [aYe]
Registration date : 2010-11-06

PostSubject: Re: DoASC, Trenchway/Mesmer Spike, Thursday 6/14 9PM   DoASC, Trenchway/Mesmer Spike, Thursday 6/14 9PM Icon_minitimeWed Mar 23, 2011 6:42 pm

Woo! I've been waiting to learn this, maybe I'll actually getting around to learning the tank now...seems really fun. And having candy is no problem, my sin's backpack is literally full of pcons.
Anyway, I can also monk as an alt
Back to top Go down
GizmoHarris42
Guild Officer
Guild Officer
GizmoHarris42

Number of posts : 902
Primary GW Name : Gizmo Harris
Registration date : 2008-08-27

PostSubject: Re: DoASC, Trenchway/Mesmer Spike, Thursday 6/14 9PM   DoASC, Trenchway/Mesmer Spike, Thursday 6/14 9PM Icon_minitimeWed Mar 23, 2011 7:36 pm

I'd be willing to throw in for monk seeder. Max rank LB, even.
Back to top Go down
Ejoriah

Number of posts : 9
Primary GW Name : Ejoriah Dantiah
Registration date : 2011-03-21

PostSubject: Re: DoASC, Trenchway/Mesmer Spike, Thursday 6/14 9PM   DoASC, Trenchway/Mesmer Spike, Thursday 6/14 9PM Icon_minitimeWed Mar 23, 2011 10:38 pm

I'll definitely be upping my LB rank this week end on my mesmer Smile
Back to top Go down
Pluto

Number of posts : 16
Primary GW Name : Pluto Diaz

PostSubject: Re: DoASC, Trenchway/Mesmer Spike, Thursday 6/14 9PM   DoASC, Trenchway/Mesmer Spike, Thursday 6/14 9PM Icon_minitimeWed Mar 23, 2011 10:41 pm

All set for the E/Mo. Wish me luck. <_< Might need to buy some candy corns though at some point, though I think I still have 50 or so.

Question; what's the success rate on new runs? Razz Say we play moderately well but we're inexperienced and screw a couple things up. How forgiving is the caster spike setup?

Otherwise, yes, it'd be great. I play a bonder in most HM areas successfully, just need a touch of caffeine so I pay attention. >_>
Back to top Go down
Bad Soles
Guild Officer
Guild Officer
Bad Soles

PostSubject: Re: DoASC, Trenchway/Mesmer Spike, Thursday 6/14 9PM   DoASC, Trenchway/Mesmer Spike, Thursday 6/14 9PM Icon_minitimeThu Mar 24, 2011 3:38 pm

Pluto wrote:
Question; what's the success rate on new runs? Razz Say we play moderately well but we're inexperienced and screw a couple things up. How forgiving is the caster spike setup?

it depends who makes the mistakes. Trench/Main Tanks messing up can be pretty bad, E/Mo similar. the seeder is pretty hard to mess up, but that sucks too.

As for the spike, depends on the area- sometimes it doesn't matter much, in foundry on a bad spawn it could result in death.

success rate is more a function of time then complete failure though, in everywhere except early foundry you can gtfo and repull if really needed.
Back to top Go down
Pluto

Number of posts : 16
Primary GW Name : Pluto Diaz

PostSubject: Re: DoASC, Trenchway/Mesmer Spike, Thursday 6/14 9PM   DoASC, Trenchway/Mesmer Spike, Thursday 6/14 9PM Icon_minitimeFri Mar 25, 2011 10:28 pm

We're busy Mon-Wed because of evening classes, and thursday night isn't the greatest unless it's a bit earlier than 8-9pm, because we have 8am classes that day.

I typically work saturday/sundays until 7pm central, too. Otherwise.. Friday, saturday, and sunday nights are best, and then thursday's are potential, and tuesday... maybe if it's late, and we get lots of caffeine.

Also, MWF in the mornings up until 1:30 central or so.
Back to top Go down
Rem Edy

Number of posts : 24
Primary GW Name : Rem Edy [aYe]
Registration date : 2010-11-18

PostSubject: Re: DoASC, Trenchway/Mesmer Spike, Thursday 6/14 9PM   DoASC, Trenchway/Mesmer Spike, Thursday 6/14 9PM Icon_minitimeFri Mar 25, 2011 11:20 pm

I might be interested in a mesmer role.
Back to top Go down
Daniel-San

Daniel-San

Number of posts : 4
Primary GW Name : Minx de Ville
Registration date : 2011-03-19

PostSubject: Re: DoASC, Trenchway/Mesmer Spike, Thursday 6/14 9PM   DoASC, Trenchway/Mesmer Spike, Thursday 6/14 9PM Icon_minitimeSat Mar 26, 2011 6:20 am

Potentially Exx i indeed said and little ol me aswell, think you forgot me in the count Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
Raven
Guild Leader
Guild Leader
Raven

PostSubject: Re: DoASC, Trenchway/Mesmer Spike, Thursday 6/14 9PM   DoASC, Trenchway/Mesmer Spike, Thursday 6/14 9PM Icon_minitimeSun Apr 03, 2011 5:20 pm

Last night was a fun practice. Veil (fail), Foundry (almost), City (success!) and then Veil again (almost). I think we were pretty tired by then and it probably would have been better to get going earlier earlier in the evening. Having done the mesmer role in the past with a group of DL (Dev's alliance), I'd have to say I definitely prefer it to the monk role. Doing damage as a mesmer is way more comfortable for me and I know that there were a few times last night while monking that dropped bonds or not getting seed off quick enough caused some rough moments. But that's the point of practice! Anyway, my mesmer will definitely be able to go next time.

Thanks for putting it all together, Ron, and thanks for your patience!

queen Raven
Back to top Go down
Neal

Neal

Number of posts : 5
Primary GW Name : Kathryn Aeries/Sara Varys [aYe]
Registration date : 2011-04-03

PostSubject: Re: DoASC, Trenchway/Mesmer Spike, Thursday 6/14 9PM   DoASC, Trenchway/Mesmer Spike, Thursday 6/14 9PM Icon_minitimeMon Apr 04, 2011 3:43 am

I'll participate if you need me. I can EMo or seed and my mesmer is getting there so eventually i could nuke for you. My assassin is there but i generally prefer non-tanking roles.
Back to top Go down
Bad Soles
Guild Officer
Guild Officer
Bad Soles

PostSubject: Re: DoASC, Trenchway/Mesmer Spike, Thursday 6/14 9PM   DoASC, Trenchway/Mesmer Spike, Thursday 6/14 9PM Icon_minitimeMon Apr 04, 2011 10:44 pm

This is the Signup list for Wednesday, April 6th. Please post your intent to come, and what class you'd prefer, and what alts you'd be willing to play if needed.

Trench/Main Tanks(A/N or A/Me) 2x: Sev(MT), Sandy (TT)
Mesmer Spikers 4x: Ron(Me/R), Nikki, April
Monk Seeder 1x: Bearmeat
E/Mo Bonder:Neal

Please be ready to go by 9PM est, with skills/ranks/pcons if desired at the ready.

Wednesday, we'll be starting in city again, to allow for easier spiking practice Smile

Last edited by Bad Soles on Tue Apr 05, 2011 11:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sandy

PostSubject: Re: DoASC, Trenchway/Mesmer Spike, Thursday 6/14 9PM   DoASC, Trenchway/Mesmer Spike, Thursday 6/14 9PM Icon_minitimeMon Apr 04, 2011 10:55 pm

<A/N
Back to top Go down
bearmeat

PostSubject: Re: DoASC, Trenchway/Mesmer Spike, Thursday 6/14 9PM   DoASC, Trenchway/Mesmer Spike, Thursday 6/14 9PM Icon_minitimeMon Apr 04, 2011 10:55 pm

I'll seed for wednesday night
Back to top Go down
Nikki

Number of posts : 23
Primary GW Name : Healing Nikki [aYe]
Registration date : 2011-01-22

PostSubject: Re: DoASC, Trenchway/Mesmer Spike, Thursday 6/14 9PM   DoASC, Trenchway/Mesmer Spike, Thursday 6/14 9PM Icon_minitimeMon Apr 04, 2011 10:59 pm

I am good for Wed with a Mesmer.
Back to top Go down
GizmoHarris42
Guild Officer
Guild Officer
GizmoHarris42

Number of posts : 902
Primary GW Name : Gizmo Harris
Registration date : 2008-08-27

PostSubject: Re: DoASC, Trenchway/Mesmer Spike, Thursday 6/14 9PM   DoASC, Trenchway/Mesmer Spike, Thursday 6/14 9PM Icon_minitimeMon Apr 04, 2011 11:31 pm

Fuuu that's the time I'd be getting home, and you already have a seeder. Looks like I may need to work on my mesmer. Not that's he has finished any campaign...
Back to top Go down
Ejoriah

Number of posts : 9
Primary GW Name : Ejoriah Dantiah

PostSubject: Re: DoASC, Trenchway/Mesmer Spike, Thursday 6/14 9PM   DoASC, Trenchway/Mesmer Spike, Thursday 6/14 9PM Icon_minitimeMon Apr 04, 2011 11:49 pm

Kurtis and I will have to give it a miss - he's in class at that time, and we both have an early class the next day, so can't stay up late Sad
Back to top Go down
Raven
Guild Leader
Guild Leader
Raven

PostSubject: Re: DoASC, Trenchway/Mesmer Spike, Thursday 6/14 9PM   DoASC, Trenchway/Mesmer Spike, Thursday 6/14 9PM Icon_minitimeTue Apr 05, 2011 12:32 am

The mesmer is legendary and ready.

queen Raven
Back to top Go down
jz
Guild Officer
Guild Officer
jz

Number of posts : 100
Primary GW Name : You Are My Strength
Registration date : 2010-08-31

PostSubject: Re: DoASC, Trenchway/Mesmer Spike, Thursday 6/14 9PM   DoASC, Trenchway/Mesmer Spike, Thursday 6/14 9PM Icon_minitimeWed Apr 06, 2011 12:15 am

SC!!!! nice!

Any of the 2 tanks but for the future, i wont be rdy for tomorrow probably, ill try to watch the videos asap. cheers
Back to top Go down
Sandy

PostSubject: Re: DoASC, Trenchway/Mesmer Spike, Thursday 6/14 9PM   DoASC, Trenchway/Mesmer Spike, Thursday 6/14 9PM Icon_minitimeWed Apr 06, 2011 12:47 am

=O Jz as my buddy tank...I like it.
Back to top Go down
Bad Soles
Guild Officer
Guild Officer
Bad Soles

PostSubject: Re: DoASC, Trenchway/Mesmer Spike, Thursday 6/14 9PM   DoASC, Trenchway/Mesmer Spike, Thursday 6/14 9PM Icon_minitimeWed Apr 06, 2011 12:51 am

we're good for tomorrow night, provided viv is available. he said he should be, but couldn't be sure. JZ, what run times generally work for you, so we can try to plan with you in mind?

On that note: something to add

If you don't have a mesmer, but we're in need of nukers, feel free to sign up as your Necro or Ele, provided you can run the bars provided/have a decent LB rank.

Necros are actually a totally legitimate replacement, as they provide slight advantages over the mesmer version of the bar for clearing the wall in city/soloing lords in veil.

the ele isn't as good as a mesmer, but the damage lost is easily made up for by a decent LB rank: provided your timing is good and DF gets off in time, one rank of lightbringer is worth more than the extra 4 ranks of dom from being a mes.

Back to top Go down
wavdav911
Guild Officer
Guild Officer
wavdav911

Number of posts : 387
Primary GW Name : Bigwave Davikus
Registration date : 2008-08-26

PostSubject: Re: DoASC, Trenchway/Mesmer Spike, Thursday 6/14 9PM   DoASC, Trenchway/Mesmer Spike, Thursday 6/14 9PM Icon_minitimeWed Apr 06, 2011 2:09 pm

The link to the builds is no longer on the original post...i was gonna go and get the skills...darn

Update...click on the word "here". It should be underlined as a link...

Update1 - I now have the build, I just need to practice it before attempting joining. Wednesdays are bad for me as i practice with my band.

Last edited by wavdav911 on Wed Apr 06, 2011 6:29 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Neal

Neal

Number of posts : 5
Primary GW Name : Kathryn Aeries/Sara Varys [aYe]
Registration date : 2011-04-03

PostSubject: Re: DoASC, Trenchway/Mesmer Spike, Thursday 6/14 9PM   DoASC, Trenchway/Mesmer Spike, Thursday 6/14 9PM Icon_minitimeWed Apr 06, 2011 4:56 pm

Hey I'm sorry guys I can't make it tonight my brother is in town and we're all going out for the evening. Hope it doesn't cause any problems.
Back to top Go down
jz
Guild Officer
Guild Officer
jz

Number of posts : 100
Primary GW Name : You Are My Strength
Registration date : 2010-08-31

PostSubject: Re: DoASC, Trenchway/Mesmer Spike, Thursday 6/14 9PM   DoASC, Trenchway/Mesmer Spike, Thursday 6/14 9PM Icon_minitimeTue Apr 12, 2011 9:18 pm

oh i can at nights. And I also have a mesmer, I have all classes at DoA. The only thing is that I need to learn one by one.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: DoASC, Trenchway/Mesmer Spike, Thursday 6/14 9PM   DoASC, Trenchway/Mesmer Spike, Thursday 6/14 9PM Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

DoASC, Trenchway/Mesmer Spike, Thursday 6/14 9PM
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Pillars of the Earth :: Public Forum for Guests & Visitors :: Alliance Events & Activities-
Jump to: